Saturday, October 1, 2011

My thoughts about the GSE lab.

After sitting through the lab, and having some time to reflect the exam I thought I would give my thoughts on it. I don’t know if I passed or fail, but I wanted to get this out before I got the results so I had no bias.

There is a lot of mystery surrounding the exam, and I am not going to reveal anything new about the exam itself. I’ll say there was nothing on the exam that wasn’t covered in the GSE objectives. The challenge with this exam is not the range of topics, which there are plenty, but how deep you must know these topics.

What did I think of the exam itself? I LOVED IT! Take the nerves out of the exam and it was really an enjoyable exam, in fact I will say it’s most fun I ever had taking a certification exam. I told Jeff Pike, I would love to do the exam at home. Regardless If I pass or fail, I’ll say if you don’t have a lot of hands on experience I don’t think you’ll be able to pass.

Hopefully I'll find out in a couple of weeks if I passed or failed in the next couple of weeks and I can get back to blogging about other things. I plan to give a review of SANS FOR610 class that I took at SANS Network Security.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter